Complete Canoe Trip Outfitting
Cliff Wold’s complete outfitting package provides you with everything you need for an enjoyable canoe trip. We supply the best all-around lightweight equipment – tested and proven for dependability. Our lightweight Grumman and ultra-lightweight Souris River canoes are great for safe traveling and easy portaging. Your comfort will be ensured with ALPS & Eureka tents and freshly laundered Slumberjack sleeping bags. Plus, Cliff Wold’s custom-packed meals are guaranteed to keep your appetite satisfied out on the canoe trails. If you’re looking for a hassle-free camping trip, our complete outfitting package is the way to go.
Complete Outfitting Package includes:
- Aluminum or Kevlar Canoes
- Paddles & Life Vests
- Sleeping Bags (freshly laundered)
- Sleeping Pads
- Portage Packs
- Food & Supplies
- Cook Kit & Utensils
- Cook Stove (fuel extra)
- Rain Ponchos
- Camp Saw & Axe
- Fire Grate & Shovel (for Canadian trips)
- Detailed Maps w/ Waterproof Case (2 Sets)
- Custom Trip Planning and Routing Advice
- Free Transportation & Parking
- Hot Showers & Sauna upon return
Complete Package Rates (Per Person)
|Group Size||3 Days||4 Days||5 Days||6 Days||7 Days||Each Additional Day|
Below are rates for youth when accompanied by an adult:
|Age||3 Days||4 Days||5 Days||6 Days||7 Days||Each Additional Day|
No charge for children under age 7 when no extra food or canoe is required.
**Upgrade to Kevlar canoes for an additional $25 per canoe, per day.
NOTE: other than non-profit sponsored groups, add 7.375% Minnesota Sales Tax to above rates.
Our complete outfitting rates include transportation of food, equipment and group members to and from any landing within 22 miles of Ely when only one van is required. Our vans, when equipped with trailers, will haul up to 10 people plus food and equipment. There is an additional charge when a second van is required. Also, there is an additional charge for hauling to and from landings beyond the 22-mile limit, such as landings off the Echo Trail. See Transportation page for rates.
Youth Group Discounts
Groups on a 3-day, 4-day, 5-day, or 6 plus day trip where 51% or more of the members are under 19 years of age, we give a discount of one leader no charge for each five paid members; or two leaders no charge for each seven paid members in the total group size and one leader no charge for each additional five paid members (when total membership does not add up to a second seven). Discounts figure out this way: in groups of 6 to 8 people, one leader goes no charge; groups of 9 to 14 people, two leaders go no charge; groups of 15 to 17 people, three leaders go no charge; in groups of 18 to 23 people, four leaders go no charge; etc.
Adult Group Discounts
Groups on a 3-day, 4-day, 5-day, or 6 plus day trip where 51% or more of the members are over 19 years of age, we give a discount of one leader no charge for each seven paid members in the total group size and/or one-half a paid person’s charge for each additional five paid members when the total group membership does not add up to a second seven. Discounts figure out this way: in groups of 8 to 12 people, one leader goes no charge; groups of 13 to 15 people, one leader goes no charge and a second person pays one-half rate; groups of 16 to 20 people, two leaders go no charge; etc.
- Deposits: A deposit of $100 per camping group for BWCA trips and $150 per camping group for Quetico trips is required at the time of reservation.
- Payment: Final payment is due upon arrival. We accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard or Discover.
- Early Return: No refunds will be issued if you decide to end your trip early.
- Cancellations: In the event of a cancellation, your deposit (less applicable permit fees and a $50 processing fee) will be refunded if notice is given at least two weeks before your arrival date. No refunds will be issued if less than two week notice is given.